What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your device through web pages. They are essential tools for providing various services in the information society. Among other things, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about a user’s or their device’s browsing habits, and depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
We recommend that you carefully read the following information to better understand what types of cookies we use and how you can customize their use according to your preferences.
What types of cookies are there?
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- First-party cookies: Those sent to the user’s terminal from a device or domain managed by the website’s editor and from which the requested service is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Those sent to the user’s terminal from a device or domain that is not managed by the editor but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies. In cases where cookies are installed from a device or domain managed by the website’s editor but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered first-party cookies.
There is also a second classification based on the length of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, which can be:
- Session cookies: Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only necessary to preserve for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g., a list of purchased products).
- Persistent cookies: The data remains stored on the device and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the responsible party for the cookie, ranging from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with six types of cookies based on the purpose for which the obtained data is processed:
- Technical Cookies: These are the cookies that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform, or application and use the various options or services available, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access areas, remembering the items that make up an order, carrying out the purchasing process of an order, making a request for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the broadcasting of videos or sound, or sharing content via social networks.
- Customization Cookies: These cookies enable the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal. For example, these criteria may include the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from which the user accesses the service, and more.
- Analytical Cookies: These cookies allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of users on the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through these types of cookies is used to measure the activity on websites, applications, or platforms and to create user navigation profiles for those sites, applications, and platforms. The goal is to make improvements based on the analysis of user data.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies enable the most efficient management of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies: These cookies store information about users’ behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits. This allows for the development of specific profiles to display advertising based on user behavior.
External Social Media Cookies:
What cookies do we use?
How can I block or allow cookies?
In addition to the cookie settings panel, you have the option to allow, block, or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options on your device. Disabling cookies may cause some of the available services to stop working. The method to disable cookies varies for each browser but is usually done through the Tools or Options menu. You can also check the browser’s Help menu for instructions. The user can choose at any time which cookies they want to operate on this website. You can allow, block, or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring your browser options on your computer:
Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
Additionally, you can also manage your browser’s cookie store using tools like the following:
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com
Cookies for personalization, analysis, and behavioral advertising will only be installed with your prior consent. At any time, you can freely decide to block the settings for any cookie on this website, either through the Cookie Settings panel or through your browser (although blocking certain functional cookies may affect the functionality of some features on the website). You can also freely withdraw any previously given consent for cookie profiling through the same means, without affecting your ability to visit the website and access relevant content.
Processing of personal data through cookies
Updates and changes to the website